At the Social Commitment area, we will strengthen our support to the communities where Siemens Gamesa operates with a long-term strategy to meet the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations. We will focus on combating poverty, helping to protect the environment and promoting technology education, relying on the company's volunteers spirit. We want to be an active part of our communities.
- Social Action: because we need to be part of the communities
- Technological Education: for a higher skilled workforce in the future
- Strong Volunteering activity
- Bundle, co-ordinate and enhance all the social activity performed locally
Our strategy groups all the help to society, which is linked to the SDGs of the UN, specifically to the SDG1 No poverty, SDG 4 Quality Education, SDG 13 Climate Action, SDG 14 Life Below Water, SDG 15 Life on land. Our action is independent of the business.In order to achieve our objectives, the company has defined 3 lines in its strategy:
- To help fight poverty in the communities where we are present
- To combat the effects of climate change
- To promote and encourage education in technological matters, especially in STEM
Social Commitment Policy establishes the compromise and the principles of conduct that must apply within the company in order to contribute to the improvement of quality of life and the creation of wealth.
SGRE Impact project is a company-wide initiative to bring positive change to the communities in which Siemens Gamesa operates while heightening the engagement of employees.
Every year SGRE employees can propose a community engagement project related to the SDG’s selected by the company.
At Siemens Gamesa we believe that reforestation and cleaning up our coasts is one of the best ways to fight climate change and contribute to the protection of the environment
- Each mature tree sequesters 22 kgs. of CO2 annually
- River, beach, coastal pollution is a threat to biodiversity
- Over 3 billion people depend on the ocean for sustenance
Siemens Gamesa as a technological leader has the know-how to prepare coming generations in technology, engineering, digitalization, and of course renewable energy. STEM careers and the recruitment of talent are vital to our business.
In line with our desire to meet society´s need for technological advancement, we want to motivate and expose students of all genders and backgrounds to the benefits of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Taking advantage of new technologies, and a collective awareness of the need to improve quality education in STEM to meet the demands of modern societies, our goals are to:
2) Broaden the network of skills among college students for a better STEM workforce
3) Promote diversity among future professionals, especially women, breaking down barriers to professional development and access to the highest levels of corporate leadership
4) Create a network of experts in the field to support a new model of STEM education
We strongly believe that investment in education always pays off. If communities where we work don’t have access to quality education--and well-paying jobs as a result--they won’t thrive, and neither will Siemens Gamesa.
In line with our core value: creating a better and sustainable world for generations to come, the Corporate Volunteering Program looks to create beneficial impact within the communities where we operate and the environment.
Our program is intended to be transversal as it involves a wide range of social activities promoted by the company with the common purpose of improving the quality of life and the sustainability of its communities.
This program will be based on two important areas: environmental protection and technological education.
We also want to promote STEM education (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in order to inspire young people to pursue a career in those disciplines. Thereby we contribute to SDG 4: Quality Education.
Volunteering is one of the keys to our commitment to society. The corporate volunteer program includes the figure of the Stars who give their time to help organize locally volunteer events, and to motivate other employees to join the effort. They are a key part of our strategy.