Your trusted partner
Siemens Gamesa is a pioneer in the development and expansion of onshore wind, contributing to the fight for a greener and more sustainable planet. The technology behind onshore turbines has developed rapidly in recent years, helping to dramatically lower the cost of producing wind energy. Siemens Gamesa will continue its commitment to ensuring that onshore wind reaches its full potential and has a positive impact on local communities.
Having established itself as a relevant and expanding source of green electricity, the onshore industry must now look beyond its boundaries. For Siemens Gamesa and the industry, this means exploring ways to extract the maximum potential for wind through energy storage in order to enhance the dependability of this energy source. New innovations such as developments in the production of hydrogen or storage facilities will not only boost the potential of onshore wind but will help us decarbonize heavy industry and transport sectors.
By the end of 2020, 743 GW of wind power was installed globally according to the Global Wind Energy Council, of which onshore wind accounted for 707 GW. According to independent forecasters, much more will be required for the world to meet its commitments to stop global temperatures rising above 1.5C. Annual average onshore installations are forecast at 79.8 GW over the next five years by GWEC, while around 180 GW of wind energy will need to be installed each year for the world to hit net zero.
Siemens Gamesa is determined to continue playing a crucial role in pushing onshore wind even further into the mainstream of energy sources in the coming decades by driving innovation and offering technology to help wind reach new heights.
- Early customer collaboration, a flexible product portfolio and ongoing optimization
- Innovative onshore solutions based on a proven track record and technological excellence
- Improved performance through tailored product configuration and geared technology for maximum profitability
- Covering customer needs and all market requirements by allowing complete control and flexibility
- True global reach by deploying a regional focus wherever we operate, with technology adapted to local needs
- Working together with our customers, understanding their concerns, and earning their trust, thereby building enduring partnerships and customer satisfaction