Your trusted partner
- Early customer collaboration, a flexible product portfolio and ongoing optimization
- Innovative onshore solutions based on a proven track record and technological excellence
- Improved performance through tailored product configuration and geared technology for maximum profitability
- Covering customer needs and all market requirements by allowing complete control and flexibility
- True global reach by deploying a regional focus wherever we operate, with technology adapted to local needs
- Working together with our customers, understanding their concerns, and earning their trust, thereby building enduring partnerships and customer satisfaction
In January 2018, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy signed two orders in the U.S. to supply 95 of our G132-3.465 MW wind turbines totaling 330 MW. Once both wind farms are completed, they will produce enough energy to power over 100,000 average U.S. homes.
At one of the two projects, Siemens Gamesa will supply 47 G132-3.465 MW wind turbines for the Midway Wind project, located in San Patricio County, Texas. The project was awarded by Apex Clean Energy and recently acquired by Sammons Renewable Energy. The order also includes a 10-year, full scope service and maintenance agreement, and is expected to be completed in late 2018. Once installed, the Midway project increases Siemens Gamesa's presence in Texas to over 2,000 wind turbines, totaling more than 4 GW across more than 30 projects.
"We are pleased to have been selected for these orders here in the U.S. The G132-3.465 MW wind turbines are a perfectly suited to address the diversity of the wind conditions in the U.S. market," says José Antonio Miranda, Onshore Americas CEO, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy.
With more than 150 project sites across 32 U.S. states and its territories, Siemens Gamesa has installed more than 17 GW in the U.S., enough energy to power over five million average homes.