Your trusted partner
- Early customer collaboration, a flexible product portfolio and ongoing optimization
- Innovative onshore solutions based on a proven track record and technological excellence
- Improved performance through tailored product configuration and geared technology for maximum profitability
- Covering customer needs and all market requirements by allowing complete control and flexibility
- True global reach by deploying a regional focus wherever we operate, with technology adapted to local needs.
- Working together with our customers, understanding their concerns, and earning their trust, thereby building enduring partnerships and customer satisfaction
In January 2018, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy signed two orders in the U.S. to supply 95 of our G132-3.465 MW wind turbines totaling 330 MW. Once both wind farms are completed, they will produce enough energy to power over 100,000 average U.S. homes.
At one of the two projects, Siemens Gamesa will supply 47 G132-3.465 MW wind turbines for the Midway Wind project, located in San Patricio County, Texas. The project was awarded by Apex Clean Energy and recently acquired by Sammons Renewable Energy. The order also includes a 10-year, full scope service and maintenance agreement, and is expected to be completed in late 2018. Once installed, the Midway project increases Siemens Gamesa's presence in Texas to over 2,000 wind turbines, totaling more than 4 GW across more than 30 projects.
"We are pleased to have been selected for these orders here in the U.S. The G132-3.465 MW wind turbines are a perfectly suited to address the diversity of the wind conditions in the U.S. market," says José Antonio Miranda, Onshore Americas CEO, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy.
With more than 150 project sites across 32 U.S. states and its territories, Siemens Gamesa has installed more than 17 GW in the U.S., enough energy to power over five million average homes.
The most successful onshore turbine - enabling high profitability due to low power density in medium to low wind.
With minimum power density and high efficiency this turbine is made for low-wind, low-turbulence conditions.
This onshore wind turbine offers maximum efficiency and lower energy costs at medium and high-wind sites.
Designed for low- and medium-wind sites, this wind turbine is a benchmark for efficiency and profitability.
Made for medium to low wind sites in Americas, this onshore turbine increases the annual energy production.
Optimized for medium- and high-wind sites, this onshore turbine offers enhanced performance and reliability.
Best-in-class LCoE at medium wind sites, the SG 4.2-145 belongs to a new generation of onshore turbines.
Flexibility for tough conditions. This typhoon class onshore wind turbine can be tailored to your needs.
Based on reliable, award-winning technology, this turbine is designed to provide a lifetime of maximized returns.
With Direct Drive technology insight and an OptimaFlex approach this turbine is optimized for low wind sites.