The power of diversity in wind energy
A world of opportunities
The energy transition is about more than just technology—it’s people that make it work
We are committed to creating an environment in which each employee is able to fulfill their potential and maximize their contribution. We recognize and value the creative potential that individuals of different backgrounds and abilities bring to their work.
Siemens Gamesa Diversity & Inclusion Policy establishes the principles of diversity and inclusion that must apply within the company in order to strengthen corporate ethics. It promotes respect for the law, equality and inclusion for our employees in order to ensure that there is no discrimination on grounds of any reason or condition (race, gender, nationality, ideology, religion, etc.).
- Avoiding any discriminatory bias: Our protocol of action in case of harassment states all our anti-discriminating.
- Effective diversity & work-life balance governance structure: Maintaining good governance practices, ensuring Diversity's strategic approach.
- Encouraging the understanding of gender equality: We see gender equality as an indispensable requirement for creating a diverse and comfortable environment.
- Enhancement of Work-Life Balance: We have implemented "Work from Home" and wide range of flexible employment practices.
- Raising diversity awareness for leaders: We provide guidelines to help out leaders to manage diverse teams.
- Creating an inclusive place to work: To build career and feel appreciated and valued.
- Opportunities for everybody: Hiring, training, development and promotion are available of all based on the knowledge, attitudes, abilities and skills required for the various positions.
- Promoting diverse recruiting: We value the creative potential that individuals of different backgrounds bring to the work.
- Giving visibility to all initiatives in place: We communicate about all global and local initiatives to help promote diversity worldwide.
- Ensuring the fullest commitment of all levels: We ensure that our diversity policy has the fullest commitment of the organization, especially the executive team.
In order to fully develop our individual potential and, thereby, contribute our best towards achieving the company’s goals, we have to share a common culture of trust, as well as state-of-the-art IT and innovative office concepts that will open up space for creativity, collaboration and taking personal responsibility.
The change process has started with the FlexAgility project. This project is a clear example of how we want things to be in the future—the new way of working at Siemens Gamesa will be open, flexible and digital, that’s for sure.
Working outside the office is a privilege for employees. Company policy and legal regulations must be taken into account.
Our commitment to equality extends beyond gender. But, in this specific aspect, our goal is extremely clear: We need to achieve gender equality within our company. We want to lead by example.
Siemens Gamesa supports women all over the world in the fight for equal rights and in overcoming the barriers that still exist today. We want to do everything in our power to make progress visible.
Siemens Gamesa is a member of the United Nations initiative Women’s Empowerment Principles: a community of companies committed to making a difference for women in the workplace, marketplace and community, accelerating the global momentum toward gender equality in the workplace.
We know that diversity is very much the cradle of creativity, so we have launched a diversity strategy with eight different programs that focus on inclusion and work-life balance.
The objective of this plan is to design and share a new and common concept of diversity, to truly embrace it through different specific and global initiatives. The plan is intended to bring attention to all types of diversity, to create impactful results as soon as possible.
- Fostering a culture of diversity.
- Building leadership insight.
- Diverse recruitment.
- Building balanced leadership.
- Changing the face of engineering.
- Removing barriers in work-life balance.
- Inclusive compensation practices.
- He plays his part in driving change.