Hybrid power & storage
More powerful together
Imagine the possibilities by balancing the energy generated by solar during the day with the wind, which is usually stronger at night. Depending on the location and hourly profile, a hybrid system can optimize energy feed-in, grid stability and capacity factor.
In addition, customers can save costs and achieve a higher energy production by sharing land, grid infrastructure and maintenance services for the different assets.
The hybrid power solution allows for the integration of one or more renewable power generation assets with our tailored energy storage systems – heat or battery storage – adding to the profitability of the project.
Off-Grid solutions are a combination of wind, solar, storage, and diesel generators operating independently of the power grid. The first pilot power plant “La Plana” was commissioned in 2016. It combines four different energy sources with a battery storage solution, consisting of a lithium-ion battery and a newly installed redox-flow battery system.
With the On-Grid solution, customers can design their hybrid plant individually and integrate various power generation assets optionally with a storage solution. The first commercial On-Grid hybrid project combines a 29 MW solar system with a 50 MW wind farm and was installed 2017 in India. It will be followed by a pioneering wind complex in Australia in 2019, where we combine a 194 MW wind farm with a battery storage system.
A multidisciplinary team takes care of your specific needs and optimizes your business case through technical and economic tools:
- Generation curve models determine the optimal balance of all assets
- Micro-siting design of the hybrid plant based on in-house expertise both in wind and solar PV
- Choose between turnkey or supply and installation offerings
- Inverters, power conditioning systems ‘battery chargers’, and power electronics are manufactured in-house
- Advanced output and control technology with Hybrid Plant Controller based on WinNet®PRO and Offgrid Plant Controller
- Energy Management System and the forecasting tool MEGA maximize revenues of hybrid plants
- Operation and maintenance cost reduction by sharing of resources and infrastructure
It is our pleasure to meet you at the world’s leading wind energy event in Hamburg, Germany, this September. The Global Wind Summit is the biggest and most important meeting of the wind industry worldwide. It combines the leading expo for wind energy - WindEnergy Hamburg and the global conference of WindEurope to create a high-powered, unique platform for business, networking and information.
Visit Siemens Gamesa’s team at Hall B6, Booth 470 from 25 to 28 September 2018. We are looking forward to provide you with a comprehensive overview of current technologies and future solutions for the wind industry. Among other things, you will gain an insight into digital service offerings, how we bring offshore technology to emerging markets, flexible onshore products, and trailblazing storage solutions. Get your ticket today.